TIPS2SUCCEED has designed a comprehensive curriculum for 20 students consisting of 14 two-hour workshops. We offer two sessions per year: one in February, and the second in September. Workshops are held at the Hilton Wine Country Hotel twice a week for seven weeks.
Mary Schiller, certified culinary instructor at Maria Carrillo High School will conduct the workshops. Guest lecturers will include owners, managers, and wait staff from the Sonoma County food service industry.
By the end of the 14 workshops, TIPS2SUCCEED participants will have:
- Increased confidence, self-esteem, and personality skills
- Demonstrate professional behavior and demeanor
- Improve writing skills and construct professional resumes
- Define hospitality and the importance of hospitality as a team effort
- Understand the nuances of various job descriptions in the industry
- Identify key responsibilities and goals of front of house staff
- Pass the California ServSafe Food Handlers Certification
- Prepare for interviews
- Tools to complete four to six week mini internships in the hospitality industry
- Articulate the importance of their commitment to employment